A wheel tractor represents the category of multipurpose high-efficient vehicles. It is used primarily in the agricultural and industrial spheres.
The main parameters of wheel tractors are:
- drawbar category;
- engine power;
- axle configuration.
As the predominant technical features specialists point out high pulling power and great payload capacity.
Also they mention low speed, but in comparison with tracked tractors, the wheeled models have higher rates.
The wheeled type of tractors have acquired a good reputation in the agricultural market segment due to the following advantages:
- low cost of a vehicle and its operation service;
- minute impact on the road surface;
- a lower overall fuel consumption figure.
The above mentioned points are relative (by contrast with the tracked models).
The possibility of using a wheel tractor in combination with a wide range of various agricultural implements (stationary, towing) and attachments determines the multifunctional aspect of this vehicle. It is used for tillage, harvesting, plant protection, fertilizer application and for transporting loads. Some farmers give preference to wheel minitractors due to its cost-efficiency operation.
Regardless of the dimensions, the high level of productivity of the wheeled models is possible only in operating it on dry soils and hard-surface pavement.
To make the optimal choice of a wheel tractor it’s necessary to define the required engine capacity and practical applications.
The most significant manufacturers of wheel tractors are:
- CNH Global NV (agricultural brands: Case IH, New Holland, Steyr);
- Deere & Company (brand: John Deere);
- CLAAS KGaA mbH (universally known as Claas);
- AGCO Corporation (brands: Massey Ferguson Tractor, Fendt Tractor);
- J.C. Bamford Excavators Limited (universally known as JCB;
- SAME Deutz-Fahr Group (brands: Deutz-Fahr Tractor), Lamborghini Tractors).