- Construction machinery
- Dumpers 1062
- Mobile cranes 593
- Truck mounted aerial platforms 232
- Concrete mixer trucks 469
- Mixer pump trucks 42
- Concrete pump trucks 134
- Forestry equipment
- Timber transports 145
- Municipal/ special vehicles
- Garbage trucks 639
- Vacuum trucks 243
- Sweepers 480
- Tow trucks 135
- Fire trucks 173
Search for used trucks of various types on Truck1
A truck (a heavy load vehicle) – is a means of transport intended for load transportation. The concept of a “truck” has a rather broad definition and includes tractor units, as well as commercial vehicles and even pick-ups. A truck consists of a traction part and a load platform. Now let’s take into consideration trucks with the integral load platform and the GVW that reaches up to 7, 5 tons. The principal classification of trucks can be made on the basis of their load-carrying capability:
The classification based on the load-carrying capability
- light commercial trucks with the GVW of 7, 5-15 tons, such as Renault Master, VW Crafter and Mercedes-Benz Sprinter;
- medium duty trucks with the GVW of 15-40 tons, like Volvo FL or Volvo FE, designed for urban or regional transportations;
- heavy-duty trucks with the GVW of 40-100 tons, designed for laborious constructions (Volvo FMX, Renault C and Iveco Trakker);
- super-heavy duty trucks (dumpers) with the GVW of 100-400 tons, for example, BelAz 7560, 7571, Cat 797 F, etc.
Cargo platforms can be very different depending on the aims of use: open, closed, curtain-sider, isothermal, refrigerator and also dumper. Trucks can be equipped with tanks for liquid transportation, including dangerous liquids.
Other technical specifications
Trucks’ axle configuration may vary from 4x2 to 8x8 according to the engine capacity and the purpose of a truck. Thus, quarry and construction dump trucks are equipped with 4x4, 6x4, 6x6 and 8x6 wheel-bases more often.
Trucks are equipped with all modern passive and active safety systems in order to use the truck in urban areas or on the highways. These systems include collision prevention system, hill hold control, self-adjusting headlights, etc. Moreover, a contemporary truck meets all the requirements concerning driver’s comfort and the ergonomics of the cabin.
Do you need used trucks for sale from Europe? Truck1 online marketplace is at your service. There are thousands of truck offers from leading European dealers in the stock. Be one of numerous satisfied customers who have benefited from our services!